Adults and children of all ages enjoy our variety of athletic facilities. We have multiuse artificial turf fields, softball fields, inline rinks, and volleyball courts.
Leagues, clubs and businesses can apply online months in advance and confirm the availability of their fields with plenty of time to plan their seasons. Residents looking for a one time rental (pickup game, birthday party, etc.) can submit a request anytime throughout the year.
Spring/Summer Field Rental Application - 2023
Fall Field Rental Application - 2022
Groups of 25 or more and/or organized use of the fields (i.e. Clubs, Leagues, Businesses) requires a PERMIT.
Applications for Athletic Field rentals are accepted according to the following schedule:
(See application for addition information on application deadlines.)
- Spring/Summer Requests (March – August) – Accepted starting December 1st for the following year.
- Fall Requests (September – November) – Accepted starting June 1st yearly.
Completed Applications and the supporting insurance documents can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance - Reference this Insurance Information packet or visit the Insurance Requirements page for an overview of the general MCPC requirements.
Designed for easy mobility and wheelchair access. Field use requires Permit.
- Challenger Field - Lights Available
Cross Country Courses
(Cross Country Meets or Races must complete an Event Application.)
Central Park of Morris County offers a 5k, 4k, 3k, 2k and 1k course.
Other parks offer a variety of trails that may be used for cross country.
- Lewis Morris County Park
- Loantaka Brook Reservation
- Silas Condict County Park
Inline Rinks are located at the Central Park of Morris County
- Rink 1 - Lights Available
- Rink 2 - Lights Available
Multiuse Artificial Turf Fields
Central Park of Morris County - Lights Available
- Visit the Multiuse Artificial Turf Field page for more information and the applications for Turf Field Rentals and Turf Tournaments and Showcases.
Available April - November (no lines or goals)
- Lewis Morris County Park
- Hedden County Park (Ford Street)
- Hedden County Park (Concord Road)
- Loantaka Brook Reservation (Kitchell Road)
- Mahlon Dickerson Reservation (Ball field A)
- Passaic River County Park
- Schooley's Mountain County Park
A variety of recreational softball fields are available. Note: Lights, bases, markers and field lining are not provided at any location.
Review each field for field designation.
Picnic – Available for Picnics and Pick Up Games
Athletic A– Available for League/Club Softball, tournaments or events.
Athletic B – Available for Youth Leagues/Club Softball, Kickball (no outfield fencing or markers) S
Click Here - to view softball field measurements.
Available April 15 – November
- Central Park of Morris County – Picnic / Athletic A / Athletic B
- Hedden County Park (Ford Street) – Picnic
- Hedden County Park (Concord Road) – Picnic / Athletic A / Athletic B
- Lewis Morris County Park (Doe Meadow) – Picnic / Athletic A / Athletic B
- Lewis Morris County Park (Sugar Loaf) – Picnic / Athletic B
- Lewis Morris County Park (Sunrise Lake) – Picnic / Athletic B
- Loantaka Brook Reservation (South - Softball Field A) – Picnic / Athletic A / Athletic B
- Loantaka Brook Reservation (South - Softball Field B) – Picnic / Athletic A / Athletic B
- Loantaka Brook Reservation (Kitchell Road) – Picnic / Athletic B
- Mahlon Dickerson Reservation – Picnic
- Old Troy County Park – Picnic / Athletic A / Athletic B
- Passaic River County Park – Picnic
- Schooley's Mountain County Park – Picnic / Athletic B
- Silas County Park – Picnic
- Tourne County Park – Picnic / Athletic B
Sand courts are available at Central Park of Morris County
- Court 1 - Lights Available
- Court 2 - Lights Available
Birthday Party Field Rentals
Athletic Field Birthday Party Request
Host your athlete’s next Birthday Party on one of our Fields at Central Park of Morris County. Choose a daytime rental or play at night on the Turf, Volleyball Courts or Challenger Field under the lights.
For questions, please email email@example.com or call 973-326-7616.
Morris County Park Commission
Attn: Recreation Department
P.O. Box 1295
Morristown, NJ 07960